What do I mean about “confused direction”? Exactly what it reads…. lack understanding to where you’re going or what path to take. This happens to more adults today then you would think. Sure, High School or college graduates struggle with direction after graduation but as more people get laid off and loose there jobs (it is still happening), feelings of emptiness, confusion and helplessness set in.
Begin by asking yourself some basic questions and then go from there.
1. What do you love to do? Can you make a living at it? If so, is it enough to survive on AND save for those rainy days (there will be many)?
2. Is going back to school an option? If so, will it help further your career and gain you a comfortable living?
3. Network, network, network! Are you able to comfortably go out and meet people, introduce yourself, pitch your ideas, talk business and take risks? If not, learn! Your future depends on it.
4. Research! It is highly recommended that you research any interest you may have in business, jobs, ideas for a better understanding in the market and career you want to pursue. After researching, Do you have a plan B?
5. Get a plan B! Why? Because it may be what saves you from disaster.
6. Get a plan C! Why? Because you should never put all your eggs in one basket.
Life can be tough. You will have those moments of complete failure, but always remember it’s not over till it’s over. As long as your breathing, get up, focus, and move forward. It is possible to reinvent yourself. Age is only a number, not a disease.
Stick to the basics…. one step at a time, one day at a time. Be still to renew your spirit. Be kind to yourself with exercise, healthy food, positive thoughts, be generous to someone (anyone), get enough sleep and be grateful in all things (at least try). When you least expect it, there you’ll find a reason for the chaos. Finally, it will all make sense.
Live, love, honor and laugh out loud! Prioritize you.