Did you ever feel like you didn’t get enough sleep the night before? If so, how was your mood? I can tell you first hand, mine is never good when I’m sleep deprived. Nothing wonderful can come from a person who missed a good nights sleep. Maybe this is the reason for drivers rage? Perhaps the reason for short tempered people? I’m telling you I think sleep is the cause for many illnesses, particularly emotional and psychological (Physically too)! If someone lacks sleep on a consistent basis their bound to have health problems sooner or later. Sleep is extremely important to my health and happiness. If I lack sleep….. believe me I’m not happy (and my loved ones know it)! My mood is effected, my thinking is cloudy and I feel down right sluggish and fatigued. I have a short attention span as it is and being sleep deprived does not help the level of patience one needs to stayed focused.
It amazes me how some people can function on six or less hours of sleep! I need at least eight but preferably ten to feel alive and motivated.
Here is why I believe sleep is important……
1) It helps me to think before I react, especially stressful situations.
2) I wake up feeling refreshed and ready to start my day.
3) I’m in a happy mood when I get the amount of sleep I need to function (This is beneficial for all my loved ones, haha).
4) The right amount of sleep helps my body function the way it should…. digestive, nervous system.
5) Getting enough sleep also helps heal my body of injury or infection!
I look at sleep like it’s an absolute necessity, which makes sleep a priority on my list. More sleep = less stress and a happy mind and body!